If you’re like most people, you probably think of spring as the time for home maintenance. After all, that’s when bulbs are planted and lawns are tended. But fall is the best time for a furnace tune-up in Rochester, MN. Here’s why:
1. Furnaces have been sitting idle all summer and need to be checked for any potential problems;
2. Fall is typically when homeowners start turning on their furnaces again, so it’s a good time to identify and fix any issues before they become bigger problems;
3. Most HVAC contractors offer furnace tune-ups at a discounted rate in the fall. So it’s a cost-effective time to get your furnace serviced.
4. For a year, your ducts can become clogged with dust and other particles. This can reduce the efficiency of your furnace and lead to higher heating bills. A professional duct cleaning in the fall will help keep your furnace running smoothly and save you money on your energy bills.
5. Lastly, a furnace tune-up in the fall can help prevent common winter problems like frozen pipes and ice dams. By getting your furnace serviced before the cold weather hits, you can avoid these costly repairs. So don’t wait until spring to get your furnace tuned up. Fall is the best time to do it.
Furnace Tune-Up Checklist That You Should Be Aware Of!
- Check and clean the burners
- Visually inspect the heat exchanger for cracks
- Test safety controls
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check the flue draft
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Inspect belts and pulleys
- Test thermostat operation
- Measure for correct gas pressure and fuel flow
- Inspect the venting system
- Clean or replace air filters
- Provide a written evaluation of the furnace and make recommendations, as needed
A professional furnace tune-up will include all of the above items and more. By having your furnace serviced regularly, you can extend its lifespan and keep it running smoothly for years to come. So don’t wait until spring. Schedule a furnace tune-up in Rochester, MN with Hawk’s Services today.
At Hawk’s Services, our team of highly trained professionals is here to help you with all your furnace tune-up needs in Rochester, MN.
Contact us today at 507-226-9950 to schedule a tune-up or for more information about our services!