Poor indoor air quality can lead to a variety of health issues ranging from allergies, headaches, and nausea to more serious illnesses like asthma or even lung cancer. Most people aren’t aware that the air they are breathing in their homes can be polluted with harmful fungi and bacteria, as well as dust mites, carbon monoxide, and other airborne particles. It is therefore essential that you take steps to improve your indoor air quality for you and your family members to avoid any potential health risks. To help you do this effectively, we’ve compiled a list of top tips from leading IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) companies in Rochester, MN on how to cleanse the air in your home.
- Use an Air Purifier: Invest in a high-quality air purifier to help remove airborne particles from the air. You may need to clean or replace your filter regularly depending on its type.
- Vacuum and Dust Regularly: Vacuuming and dusting regularly helps get rid of any accumulated dirt, dust, and pet dander that can be recirculated into the air.
- Use Natural Cleaning Products: Avoid using harsh chemical-based cleaning products when possible, as these can emit VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) which are harmful to breathe in. Choose natural cleaning products instead to keep your home safe and healthy.
- Schedule Air Duct Cleaning: Air ducts can easily accumulate dust and debris, so it is important to get them cleaned regularly by a professional service. When you hire air duct cleaning near Rochester, MN, they will also be able to check and repair any potential issues within your ventilation system.
- Avoid Pollutants from Smoking: Smoking indoors can have serious consequences on your indoor air quality and the health of those living in the home. If you smoke, make sure to do so outside or in properly ventilated areas.
- Improve Ventilation: Make sure all areas of the home are properly ventilated so that air can flow freely and not become stagnant and filled with allergens or other pollutants.
- Test indoor Air Quality: Have your air tested by a professional to determine if any pollutants are present in the home and if any further steps need to be taken to improve it.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that the air quality in your home is improved and free of harmful contaminants for yourself and your family. For more information on how to improve your indoor air quality, contact one of the leading IAQ companies in Rochester, MN today. Hawk’s Services Group is your go-to source for indoor air quality testing and solutions. Contact us at 507-226-9950 to learn more about how we can help.