Most people only think about their heating unit when it’s not working. But there are signs that you can look for to determine if you need a new one. In this blog post, we’ll go over the most common ones so that you can stay ahead of any potential problems. Keep reading to learn more!
- Strange noises: One of the most common signs that you need a new heating unit is strange noises. If you start to hear weird rattling, clicking, or humming noises, it’s time to call in a professional. If the problem exists even after professional furnace repair, it might be time for a new heating system.
- Inefficient heating: Another sign that your heating unit needs to be replaced is if it’s not providing enough heat. You may start to feel cold in certain parts of your home, even when the thermostat is turned up high.
- Age: Heating units have a lifespan, and once they reach a certain age, it’s time for them to go. If your unit is more than 10 years old, it’s likely time for a replacement.
- High energy bills: One surefire way to tell that your heating unit needs to be replaced is by checking your energy bills. If they’ve been steadily increasing, it’s likely because your old unit is no longer working as efficiently as it should.
- Dust and dirt: Over time, dust and dirt can accumulate in your heating unit, which can lead to decreased performance and even damage. If you start to notice a lot of build-up inside or around your unit, it’s time for furnace installation.
- Leaking: Leaks are never good, especially when they’re coming from your heating unit. If you spot any leaks, it’s best to call in a professional to take a look before the problem gets worse.
- Frequent repairs: A sure sign that your heating unit needs to be replaced is if you’re constantly having to repair it. If you find yourself calling in the repairman every month or so, it might be time to consider a new system.
- Faded pilot light: A faded pilot light is another sign that your heating unit is on its way out. If the light is no longer blue, but instead looks yellow or orange, it may be time for a replacement.
- Odor: Finally, if you start to smell an unusual odor coming from your heating unit, it’s time for a new one. Not only is this unpleasant, but it can also be dangerous.
- The thermostat is not functioning: If your thermostat isn’t working properly, it could be a sign that your heating unit is on its way out. If the thermostat isn’t turning on the furnace or if it’s not displaying the correct temperature, it’s time to replace the unit.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s time to start thinking about getting a new heating unit. Contact a professional to get advice on which system would be best for your home. Here are some tips to hire a heating services professional.
Tips to hire a heating services expert!
- Do your research
Before hiring heating or furnace services professional, it’s important to do your research. Ask around for recommendations and look for reviews online. This will help you narrow down your options and find the best fit for your needs.
- Get quotes
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of candidates, be sure to get quotes from each of them. This will give you a good idea of what the average cost is for the services you need.
- Check licenses and insurance
It’s important to make sure that any heating services professional you hire are licensed and insured. This protects both you and the contractor in case of an accident or injury.
- Ask about experience
When interviewing candidates, be sure to ask about their experience. How long have they been in business? What kind of heating systems do they specialize in? This will help you ensure that you’re hiring a professional who knows what they’re doing.
- Get a detailed estimate
Once you’ve chosen a contractor, be sure to get a detailed estimate outlining the cost of the services you need. This will help avoid any surprises down the road.
By following these tips, you can be sure to find the perfect heating services professional for your needs. Good luck!
Hawk’s Services is a full-service heating, cooling, and plumbing company with several years of experience. We specialize in all types of heating systems, from furnaces and boilers to heat pumps and geothermal. Contact us today at 507-710-3268 for a free estimate!