The furnace is the most important element in any home. It provides heat in various ways, depending on the type of unit that’s installed. Heat exchangers are used for forced-air heating systems where gas or oil is burned to heat metal tubes inside a furnace. For electric furnaces, heat is generated by electrical resistance coils inside the system. Furnaces can also rely on natural gas, propane, or oil to generate the required temperature.
It is recommended to schedule furnace service in Rochester, MN once a year at most, but several signs indicate it’s time for professional attention. These include the following:
- The unit is running constantly or cycling on and off frequently: If you are experiencing this, you probably have a dirty or clogged filter. It’s recommended that the furnace is serviced every year to keep the airflow at its optimum level.
- There’s no heat: One of the most important indicators you’ll need furnace or boiler repair in Rochester, MN is if there’s no warm air flowing through your vents. This could mean there’s a problem with the thermostat or other security switch, and it may result in a safety hazard.
- Temperature changes: If you happen to notice that your furnace or gas boilers are working harder than normal or your system seems to run hotter than usual, this is an indicator that the unit isn’t operating as efficiently as it should be. Calling the professionals for gas boilers maintenance in Rochester, MN would help in resolving this issue.
- The room temperature is uneven: This has to do with the heat exchangers or blower fans inside your furnace. You may be dealing with a dirty filter, which needs to be replaced at once, or there could be an issue with the ductwork that’s affecting airflow in various rooms.
- Strong odors are coming from the unit: This may indicate that you have an oil or gas leak. The safety switch could be malfunctioning, which is why it’s recommended to keep your furnace periodically cleaned and serviced by professionals.
The closer you monitor these activities, the better. Scheduling regular maintenance can catch problems before they turn into major ones. If your furnace malfunctions, call an experienced contractor like Hawk’s Services to handle the problem. Call 507-353-2851 for more information.